Monday, September 15, 2008

Combination Skin

I've read that if you want to know what type of skin you have you should wash your face and look in the mirror at the results. Where is your skin tight? Where is your skin smooth? Where is your skin Blotchy? Where is it dry?

I try this test and excitedly await the results........Yikes!!! I am instantly appalled and violently confused on why I don't see is the beautiful-surreal-dewy-skin-of-Goddess, which is what the magazine gives us on what we should see;

Looking in my mirror after I wash my face I see a blotchy messy mix of Greek and English skin. A kaleidoscope of blood rose streaks, ghost white patches, and pink temporary oil hickeys. Is my mirror broken? Is my face Broken?? For goodness sakes, I am not 14 anymore, I'm 24 and should not be having these issues.
Apparently combination skin is the most common skin type. My skin has skin characteristics from both dry and oily skin. It tends toward dryness on the cheeks and makes my skin look dehydrated while being oily on the t-zone. (thus explaining why foundation is so hard for me to find!!)
What I don't understand is; if this is the most common, then why is it not shown in magazines or on makeup models and is just talked about.
Please let me know if you also have tricky skin!! They say that this is common, and yet, I'm feeling pretty alone with my blotchy skin. Do you guys have any tips for a more smooth looking/feeling face?

3 comments:

Lera said...

My skin has been awful since I got pregnant, much worse than it was when I was a teen. Don't ask me, I have no idea why my skin is so messed up. Poor Palmer. He is in for it. Greg had bad skin in high school and I have struggled with it off and on.

The Rookie said...

Funny, because I've always thought you have beautiful skin!

Lera said...

Rie, you need to post your vaca pics!