Monday, November 9, 2009

Cruel jokes and awkward situations

A few months ago I was dying (no pun intended) my friend Emily’s hair and the following conversation happened:

Me: Are you wearing a shirt you can get dirty?
Emily: Well, It’s my dead Grandpa’s shirt
We both laugh.
Emily: I’m serious.
We both laugh harder
Me: Oh… well can it get dirty?
Emily: Yeah, it’s old. Are you ok if your shirt gets dirty?
Me: Umm, actually this shirt was my mom’s.
We both laugh.
Me: I’m serious.
We both laugh harder!!
Emily: Did you want to change?
Me: No, it’s old.

Today at work my friend Chelsey was talking about how her dad gave her his ipod because hers was stolen.

Me: Wow, I wish I had a dad that wanted to give me an ipod.
Emily: I wish I had a dad.
We both laugh.
Chelsey: That is NOT funny.
Me and Emily: Yes, it is!
Chelsey: No it’s not, stop laughing.
Me: You know, Emily and I are two girls, but if you put us together you get one orphan!!
We both laugh harder.
Chelsey: Stop laughing, you guys - it’s sad!

Oh, life and its ridiculousness makes you crazy. Sometimes I cry, sometimes I laugh, sometimes my laughter turns into crying, and sometimes my crying into laughing.

1 comment:

Rie Pie said...

Chelsey just said that this was not funny!!

Emily told me to add the pun!

ha. ha.