Wednesday, November 25, 2009

James C. Christensen



I absolutely love art and my favorite artist is a modern one, James C. Christensen. His paintings and drawings literally make my spirit dance. I love the colors that stain across the canvas. I love the proportions of the subjects expressions and clothing. He really does make a flat picture become a living object.

I really suggest that you look him up. James C. Christensen normally paints with fantasy themes. But he also has a collection of religious work. I love his painting of the Widows Mite and the 10 Lepers.





He also has collections of fairy tales and even William Shakespeare. I was lucky enough to be able to meet him this summer. I got him to sign my copy of "A Shakespeare Sketchbook" which includes some amazing characters and landscaping from the impressions that Shakespeare leaves in our imagination. The cover of the book has a painting of Titania, the beautiful queen of the fairies. She is sitting next to Nick Bottom, who has been transformed into a donkey, who she loves because her husband magically-induced her out of revenge.

2 comments:

Lera said...

Very cool artwork. When did you meet him?

Rie Pie said...

At a signing in Gardner Village this last spring.