Tuesday, March 10, 2009

POST SECRET

Over the last month I've run into something that I have never heard of before.




Post secret is an ongoing community mail art project, created by Frank Warren, in which people mail their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard to the address above. The art on some of these postcards are insane. Some of the secrets are loving, funny, sweet, sad, and/or horrible. Frank Warren started this project as an assignment in 2005 and it is still going strong. He has published a couple books which a good friend of mine brought to work for me to borrow. I was addicted from the first page. I cried in each book. I've laughed. I thought some where shocking and disturbing. I related to some. And I was thinking of the post card that I would be sending in. I absolutely love this project. There have been the books, art shows, blogs, and a fan site where people can write how sending in their secret has helped them in their lives.

I've attached some that I thought were interesting...but you should check the books out. They range from people stating that they faked their way through medical school to odd fears to a memoir of a past love.










2 comments:

Alice said...

That is so cool. I totally need to check this book out, or is it books?

Then I need to make one. I wonder what secret I would tell?

Barb said...

This is a book that I've got to read, thanks for sharing.