Monday, March 23, 2009

Cinderella...almost


This Sunday I went to my friends church. I've never been there before but I heard it was one of the biggest University wards so I wanted to test it out.

I was walking down the hallway headed to the Chapel and there was a very large group of men in front of on of the the doorways, of course this is the route that I took. Avoiding the men in the pastel "Easter egg" ties I start to gently pass by the most handsome men with their dark, bold, and/or manly ties. And what should a girl do when she is surrounded by a group of good looking princes in suits??

Loose a shoe.

I put my foot back into the shoe and took a step. I shouldn't have because when I did the shoe stayed where it was and I almost feel flat on my face.

It was stuck in a hole made for the door to lock into. I pulled my shoe out of the ground with a small popping noise and was surprised to see another person's hand touching the shoe too.

"Well hello Cinderella" he said with a charming smile. And then he saw me.

He looked from my fishnet legs up my black skirt, black top, and the black and white striped scarf tied around my neck.

"Umm, Cinderella who wears only black." He said confused.

He started to summarize my outfit and his voice started slowing down to where I almost couldn't understand what he was saying.

"Black shoes... black...dress...Black.......scarf...Black...makeup." (I'm guessing he was talking about my eyeliner because everything else was some shade of natural pink.)

He continued, "And...Black...shoe...."

I took the shoe out of his hand before he started commenting on my jewelry. I gave a confused courtesy laugh and waited for him to finish his never ending sentence but his face turned beet Red and he left quickly. I stood there holding my heel.

It could have been the beginning of my magical fairy tale, but it wasn't.

3 comments:

The Rookie said...

Wha? Where'd he go? He have something against black? Flirtatious and then...goodbye?

Lera said...

How did I miss this post? Funny story!

we love cake!!! said...

Does he not know that black is back!!! I guess he just couldnt take such a hottie in black! Your hotness was just too much for him!!!