Friday, October 21, 2011

Lame back and whatnot

There are so many times that I feel like I’m losing the things that are most important to me but I forget that I am given so many other blessings in its place. I have been fighting against every medical issue I have been having for the past year and it’s just leaving me exhausted and heart broken.

I was focusing on things in my future that I cannot control and forgetting about the blessings I have in my life now. I’m praying that I can start telling the difference between what is important enough to keep in my life and what I can get rid of.

I have been working with a pain management doctor and he wants me to start getting epidurals! That seems so ludicrous to me. I’m really hoping that they will actually help, because I’m running out of options to get rid of the pain.

I also pray that if they don’t I will be able to let it go.

I’m scared. I’m tired of feeling weak. I’m drained from fighting a battle I have no control over. I need to put it in the Savior’s all-knowing hands - I am trying to wait on the Lord. I am so grateful for the atonement. My daily life has, for some reason, forgotten to include it.

I am so thankful for being able to remember that I have that sound tool to use when I am either not in control or shouldn’t be.

1 comment:

Lera said...

So sorry you are going through so much right now Rie. I wish I could make it all better. I love you bunches! And we are praying for you to get through this rough patch.