Friday, November 11, 2011

25 reasons


(Ultimate Goal Weight)
I have been going to weight watchers with my sisters and my Dad's wife Betty. Overall we have lost over 125 lbs together!! I have lost 31 lbs and I am feeling very motivated to lose more! Our Wednesday night teacher talked to us about a friend of hers that wrote down 25 reasons why she wanted to lose weight. Our teacher said that these reasons helped her friend to get to her goal weight. I want to get to MY goal weight so I thought I would take that challenge as well to have a nice reminder. Here are my reasons:
-I want to be able to play with my nephews more actively. I love being known as fun Auntie Why. I love giggling and chasing and tickling and playing with my 5 gorgeous nephews. Reading, snuggling, and games are all good, but I want to be active with them.
-I want to own and wear clothes that are actually my style. When you are my size, style is more of a desire than a reality. You choose the clothes that fit. You choose the clothes that fit and are the right price. You choose the clothes that fit, are the right price, and what is available in the stores. That really limits what I can buy. I love tights and sweater shirts and dresses. I love knee-high boots. I love horizontal stripes. I love cute underwear. All of these loved treasures are not really in my reach right now.
-Shoe size goes down when weight goes down, not always, but some of the time. I’m hoping that I drop a shoe size when I drop most of my weight. There are not many adorable size 12 shoes in the world that are not made for men or very old ladies.
-Swimming season. Enough said.
-I want to own a LTB. Literally a Little Black Dress. Obviously, Little Black Dresses don’t come in plus size.
-Improve my relationships with my friends. Things like travel, sports, the great outdoors, camping, and all of the other things that would be so much more comfortable if I was healthier.
-I want to feel as beautiful as this girl looks!

-I want to breathe easier!! I hate climbing stairs and being out of breath when I get to the top. It’s so embarrassing walking with friends and I start breathing heavily. I hate that when I’m working out, I try to stifle my breathing so people don’t look at me with those “pity eyes”.
-I care about myself! I want to feel happy, beautiful, feminine, and powerful. I deserve that.
-I have never been photographic. I’m sure that if I lose weight that will help me feel more comfortable in front of the camera. PS. I have untagged many-a-facebook-photos.
-I love traveling. I love flying. I HATE asking for a seat belt extender. It’s the worst!
-Right now I walk around with a cane, if I lost weight, It would help me get around easier. Hopefully without one…
-My mom. I want to be healthier. I want to grow old and love life. I want to be involved with my family as long as possible. I want to show her that I am trying to have the best life I can.
-Self esteem. I just want to feel better about who I am. Sometimes I look in the mirror and I think, “This is not me”.
-Being over weight is hard on your body! I want to hopefully take less medication. Less pain killers, less anti-depressants, and less pain management…LESS CO-PAYS.
-I want to be able to exercise and not just painfully get through physical therapy.
-To never see “those looks” again. I hate that everywhere I go judgmental eyes follow me. Children ask overly-honest questions out loud, people in restaurants judge my every bite.
-Judge as you may…(but please see above) I want fake ninnies!! I have had “C” cups since 5th grade. I want some nice ones that fit me the way I want them to fit me.
-I want to have more romance in my life. Dating more, borrowing a gentlemen’s jacket when it’s chilly, and snuggling up under a blanket with a beautiful fellow without feeling insecure...
-Temple Service, sometimes it’s uncomfortable for me. I want to be able to go and serve without all of the unneeded hassle of my weight.
-I want to be more attractive to men. Real men. Kind ones. Ones that see how beautiful I am inside and out. The good guys are worth being healthy for.
-I hate feeling like I’m intruding on someone else’s comfort. It’s the worst when you can’t scoot over on the couch any further than you already have, same with movie theater chairs, restaurant booths, etc…
-To just be happier. Being healthy is an easy way to bring happiness into your life. It never fails.
-Once my sisters, Betty and I hit our goal weights…we are going on a cruise. OPA!!
-To prove to myself that I can do this!!

5 comments:

Sam said...

I think those are some good reasons! I am starting on WW next week... I love WW! It was successful the first time and I lost a ton of weight, life got in the way and I got lazy. I think the thing about weight loss is that the goals have to be realistic. I cant go from 200 pounds to 120 in 2 months. I also know that I can only take one thing on at a time or I get really ovewhelmed! so for now I want to lost 20 pounds and when I get to that I will try to get working out in the mix. one thing at a time :) I am excited to hear about your progress and kuddos to you for losing so much! Good luck!!!!!!

Lera said...

What wonderful reasons Rie! And I know you can do it, and I can do it, and there are so many great things to look forward to when we do. Love you! I will help you on this journey any way I can; just ask. And kudos on your great accomplishment so far!

Unknown said...

Rie - I've been reading your blog for a little while (hope you don't mind - not trying to be scary old teacher) and I want you to know how awesome you are. This post was so honest and I want you to know what a great person I think you are. Thanks for sharing...

Jared

Rie Pie said...

Thank you for your kind words and support friends! I'm really blessed to have so many great people in my life.
PS Jared- I'm kind of loving that you read my blog. Please don't grade me on my spelling/grammer issues. :)

The Rookie said...

I need to launch back into the WW world. Ugh. So damn hard.

You rock, friend!

P.S. What are you doing the evening Dec. 3rd? Text me.