Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lights...book...action. Take two.

This January I finished a book called the Hunger Games written by Suzanne Collins. It was one of the best books I've ever read and it quickly become a favorite. I wrote a post completely dedicated to the novel. I begged for people to read it...Did you?

You guys, no joke, Suzanne Collins is a great writer. I thought I could never again find a book that completely saturated my imagination with such creativity and surreal environments after I read The Hunger Games.

Until this morning when I finished the sequel called Catching Fire. It was amazing!




I have never read a book with such raw and powerful emotions. It brings me into new world where I felt my own survival instincts were being tested along side the characters. I wanted to fight with them. I want to defend them.

Instead I'm left to defend the books.

Please, please, please read them. Read them and then tell me about it. Read them and then thank yourself for not wasting your time on just another mediocre book.

4 comments:

Lera said...

These are on my list I promise. And I should have lots of reading time soon during nursing sessions.

we love cake!!! said...

oooh! I have been searching desperately for another good book!....nothing has captivated me since the Twilights....I'm going to give these a try!
Hey, by the way, my mom hooked up with some of your sissys(sisters) in this crafty exchange thing. Very talented people!...just had to say.

PS- i happened to come accross some soap and little trinkets you gave me for my birthday in 9th grade. I've kept them for all these years and they make me think about cute little Rie Pie when I stumble upon them. Thanks for your friendship back in the day. It meant, and still does, mean alot.
Love ya!!

Rie Pie said...

Aerial!! You are so sweet! I freakin' love you. We need to hang out. I think that Cristie and Carrie should come too. Man...times have changed since Jr. High and High School. I Can't wait to catch up.

And yes, read the Hunger Games. It's AMAZING!!

Rie Pie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.