Wednesday, September 16, 2009

'Rieting time' mind mapping


OK kittens, It's been forever since I've had a rieting time post and I thought I would share something that I haven't yet. It was from a lesson that my dear sister Lera taught our little group. We had a lesson on mind mapping.


What is mind mapping you say? Well it can be anything really. But here's an example.

Rules of mind mapping:
Take a piece of paper and draw a rectangle in the center of the page. (or a circle, heart, cloud, who cares.)
Inside the shape write the name of the topic that you want to mind map.
Then draw branches from that center to write about supporting ideas or contradicting ones.
Feel free to branch off of those lines and ask questions or place thoughts.
As each idea materializes your page will start to look like a smashed mutated spider.

-Mind Maps are personal records of thought processes and are normally kept private.
But not this time….

Lera had us write about “our personal sanctuary” as the center thought. Mine was the shower. Truthfully if I would have thought more about it I would have done something more creative or spiritual; but it’s my mind map, so it was neither.

We had branches on our mind map that had specific questions. Mine had inquiries such as; when do you go there, what it looks like, what you see, how does it feel, etc.

So without further delay, here it is.

My Sanctuary

Hidden from my stresses I draw the curtain
Cool water slowly heats up, warming my heart
Thick wet blankets cover over my hair
And drops kiss down my tired eyes
Delicate bubbles slide down my arms unharmed
I watch as they are carried away in the continues current
Steam billows slowly in and out of my lungs
Making each breath smoother, deeper
Muscles tender under gentle trickles
Sheets of liquid hug onto the curves of my legs
My back stroked fluidly with calm touches
Clean and unbroken suds drain with my troubles
I wrap myself in a soft flexible cocoon
Knowing I can move on safe and free

my mirror can take time to dry its face

2 comments:

Lera said...

Lovely, calming and beautiful! Great work!

Anonymous said...

nice work