Sunday, January 10, 2010

My 3 day weekend - highlights

Friday: I took work off and spent the day sleeping, writing, and cleaning some house. I wanted to be able to relax and taking this day off helped me out big time. Getting enough sleep really does make life so much better. I'm at 31,400 words in my novel. I'm already in love with it's characters and I can't wait for the day that I can read more about them.

Saturday: I watched my very loved nephew Palmer. He is so happy. I just love every piece of his adoreble personality. We played a very funny game of Palmer humming me to sleep, (as the picture above details) we learned how to baa like a sheep, and we laughed at hotdogs and the funny ways we can eat them. He really is the cutest thing ever. I'm so grateful for his reminders on how life can be such a wonderful place to be.
I read an entire book called Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. It was an extremely easy read and very entertaining. While reading about Poseidon I thought how it would be a very cool name for a fish. I saw a betta in my head and I remembered how much I loved having fish. I went to PetsMart at 9 pm and bought my Poseidon. I love him.

Sunday: We had a delicious greek dinner, with indian rice and glueten free cupcakes, all provided by my sister London in celebration of her hubby's birthday. Shea brought her boyfriend McWayne over and I finally got to meet him face to face. He is a great guy for my bud Shea. I think that they compliment each other perfectly.

2 comments:

Lera said...

Thanks for watching Palmer for us! He so loves you! And I LOVE that picture of him... hilarious!

Glad you found a new little flippered friend.

Rie Pie said...

I love this pic too. It was when he started to clap and laugh!! I love this kid.