Sunday, January 31, 2010

Leaving 2009


My sister Lera tagged me on this 2009 recap and it's a good thing; I have had the hardest time thinking up new blog ideas. Here we go...

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I saw the Statue of Liberty for my first time. It was amazing.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Only one was kept; I travelled more. I had a trip to Disneyland and New York. This year I have made a ton of resolutions. Let's see how I do.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? The two that I'm very close to were my sister Lera and my good friend Jamie.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit? None, that will hopefully change in the next few years.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A better self-esteem and a small amount of debt.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory and why? Emily and Jenn's wedding day. Also, my little nephew Brody was born.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? surviving.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not living life passionately.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Last year was a harsh year for depression.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Tour tickets in New York. Thanks for finding it London!! Also, I bought my first Black dress.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? All of my close friends and family were amazing, however, I would really like to focus on my nephew Trevor. He really has become such a smart little guy. He is such a character.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? this is not a nice question...
14. Where did most of your money go? Vacations, credit card bills, and eating out
15. What did you really, really, really get excited about? I know that this is going to sound lame, but I love books and there were a lot of good reads this year.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Feeling Good- Muse
17. Compared to this time last year are you: Happier? This year was a hard one for me to feel happy. Thinner? No, ha. Richer? Sadly, I've lived paycheck to paycheck...
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? service
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? eat
20. How did you spend Christmas? sleeping in and family time
21. How will you be spending New Years? I spent it at my pal Alice's house with her family and Rookie.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009? not so much.
23. How many one-night stands? Zero.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Chuck
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone.
26. What was the best book you read? Two. The Peacegiver and Catching Fire
27. What was your biggest musical discovery? Sia!! How I love her urban soul voice.
28. What did you want and you got? A new TV
29. What did you want and not get? A bigger paycheck
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Probably Star Trek, however, I saw North and South for my first time in 2009. That is a great movie!!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn? Family dinner and I turned 25
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If I had become more active/strong in the church.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Dark colors with colorful accessories.
34. What kept you sane? My sisters and amazing friends
35. Which celebrity did you fancy the most? I love Ewan, Richard Armitage is freaking awesome.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The economy
37. Who did you miss? My mom, so much, and my friend Jenn- she moved to New York :(
38. Who was the best new person you met? Brody
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: forgiveness and appreciation
40. Quote or Song Lyric that sums up your year: Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson



I want to tag Lisa, Rookie, and Sam. Have at it girls!

1 comment:

Lera said...

Glad you were inspired to do this as well. It was a nice read. :)