Friday, January 22, 2010

whirlwind of thoughts


1. I can't decide what to blog about.

2. I am so grateful for my job in such hard financial times. Now all I need to do is start spending my money wisely.

3. I really get stressed out over car and computer issues. Right now both are working great (knock on wood, twice) and I do appreciate that. I don't just notice the bad incidences, I'm noticing the good ones. Alice, (My cars name.) your smooth riding has been a miraculous thing as of late. I love that I can depend on you to get to and from work even when the gas light is on. Bean, (My 'puter's name. I know, I have a name for my computer...) thank you so much for keeping my book-in-progress safe!! Even through that nasty viral worm and not so modest SPAM pop ups, you've stuck in there.

4. I also love romantic period movies. Oh, Richard, your acting in North and South truly makes me swoon. I love you!! And BTW, I would have looked back at you.

5. I can't decide what color my hair is going to be dyed. I like the dark but I think it's time for a change. I miss the days in school when I would have every color of the rainbow. I'm trying to be more modest - I have to remind myself.

6. I really want an entire chocolate brown leather living room set. Over my life I have sat in many brown leather chairs and yearned to take them home with me. The comfort one feels in a nice brown leather chair is probably comparable to sitting in a celestial cloud. Just saying.

7. I truly love my nephews. I need to make more time to hang with them.

8. My favorite job was Blockbuster. I am a total movie buff and I loved working with the crazy/cool/nerdy people there. If you ever need a wake up call to interesting personalities, get a job at Blockbuster.

9. I think some people need to come off their high horse. Self righteous know-it-alls need to back the freak off me. I am so tired of people looking down their nose at me because they think they are... smarter/cuter/wiser/skinner/richer/married/"perfect". Seriously, my dears, you are just as imperfect as I am. It's time to wake up and smell the reality. There is a big difference between being a friend and giving wise advice and being a jerk.

10. I LOVE my sisters. Lera- you complete me. lol. You really are such an amazing women. You, even in the worst of time, prove to be so dedicated to me. I appreciate your constant support and love. London- I have never met anyone that could match your passion for life. You are such a great example on how to be happy in a poopy world. You are always so kind to me, I'd have to say more than I deserve. You two are power-houses. Positive examples. I am so proud to call you two my sisters.

11. I love comic book movies, violent ones, epic wars, dumb humor, anime, and sci-fi. Now all I need is a guy to watch them with. :)

12. I'm so grateful that blogspot is a website I can visit on my work breaks. If not- I might never blog. I also get to read all of my favorite blog pages at work. I check them about 3 times a day. I'm a major stalker.

13. I waste a lot of hours surfing the ksl classifieds. I love looking at everything and I want to buy most of it. I wish I owned a truck so I could haul the things I want.

14. I have thought about trading my car in for a truck. I love them. I love how high they are, I love the bed, I love the power under the hood. I don't love the payments or the gas. Those two things I could live with out.

15. I love drinking Diet Coke for breakfast. Case closed.

16. I can't stand my handwriting. It embarrasses me. I have to rewrite my to do lists over and over because I can't stand looking at it.

17. I love flowers and foliage and trees and rocks and fog and mists and rain. At work when I need a breather I look at the ol' google image and search for random things. X-ray flowers are my new obsession. I also love Tim Burton-ish trees. <3

18. I'm not as girly as I wish to be, but I so love bows in my hair. I love putting clips and headbands that lash out wildly against my frizzy hair. I would love to have a closet full of hair stuff!!

19. I secretly have a binder full of things I would want in my future wedding. Oops. I let the secret out there. I know what type of dress I want, hair, shoes, cake, wedding song play list... I'm a freak. It's probably the only thing I have remotely organized in my life. It's also likely I might not be able to use it.

20. It is time to do a super spring cleaning. Everything I own is littered everywhere. I don't need all of this stuff. Soon EBAY, KSL, and the DI are going to be full of my stuff.

21. I'm heart broken for the people in Haiti.

22. Debt is an evil horrible demon. I know it's my fault. I know I made my own bed. I know that debt never sleeps. I've heard it all. Sadly just hearing it has obviously not made a dent in my small overspending mind.

23. Friends are amazing. There isn't much that can top a loyal, loving, and kind friend.

24. I don't think that I have worn matching socks in over a month. I have all sizes and colors of black and white. It seems that none have a match. But I still can't throw the odd ones away. Maybe, in the next few weeks, the dyer will give them back to me.

25. I have over 36,000 words in my book. I'm so proud of what I've done but I still have so much more to write. I'm nervous it's going to be crap. I'm scared of the many grammar/continuity/plot mistakes I have made. People are so harsh. I am too harsh on myself.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Love your post my friend, love seeing into your world and seeing what matters to YOU. I love that your love you sisters. This is a true blessing.
I love you Sariah. I do

Lera said...

Hey Rie! Thanks for the kind words. This was a fun post to read, lively, entertaining and honest. Nice job.

Call me when you get a chance. It's been forever since we talked. Love ya!

The Rookie said...

Oh Rie! I heart you to the very core!

1. I want to see this wedding binder.

2. I can't wait to read the book--I need to know more.

3. You amaze me with your creativity, intelligence, and overall awesomeness.

4. Debt is of the devil. Seriously--it has been giving me indigestion lately.

Sam said...

oh Rie that is so cute. You inspire me!
1. I also wish I could go back to fun 'colorful' hair of school. My work wont permit it (not even fire engine red!!!)
2. I long for chocolate brown living room set. I could spend hours in a store looking at one set alone and dreaming
3.I believe debt is evil. I have been there and it wasnt fun. I saw light at the end of the tunnel and once I reached there I stayed there :)
4. I am also a blog stalker. Not only do I got back on my breaks but I also check when my reports are printing each day.
5. I think you are very sweet when you talk about your sisters. oh how I wish I had a realationship with my sisters like you do.
6. You are an awesome girl. thanks for having a blog. It motivates me to be positive and I cant help but smile every time I read your blog.