Monday, February 22, 2010

The blessing of singledom



Although this picture looks like a vision out of my Sariah-waking-up-happily-married-to-fox-of-a-man daydream; I find my self enjoying the picture and moving on.

Just lately, I have not been having the daydreams that show me as getting married in the "insert the temple of your dreams here" or dreaming about the bundle of children I will have one day. (odd how some look like Ewan Mcgregor – the other, LL Cool J) I haven't even been imagining about never having to work again and spending my days going to the park with my family.

Nope, not one of these daydreams has been entertaining my thoughts for the past few months.

My imaginings are of a more of a solitary nature.

I dream of the day that I can become a published and an acclaimed author. I even urn for the day that I can own my own place that is clean and can have as many feminine touches that my heart desires. I’m excited for the uncountable days of waking up diagonally across my bed, all of the covers selfishly surrounding me, and not worrying about bad breath until I actually am forced to leave my house.

These beautiful and delicious thoughts have truly been filling my every wish.

Yes, I want to get married and have the entire children/house/pet package. But it seems as thought my heart has been pushing this end into a much later future than I had previously desired.

I love being able to go out when ever I want and only having to pay for one dinner/ticket/souvenir- not two. I don’t have to worry about car seats, dirty diapers, and babysitters. I don’t have to wait for a man to bring home the bacon. (I’m allergic to it anyways.) I get to watch the movies that I want to watch. Bathe when I want to relax. Clean - and have it stay clean. I order what I want on the pizza of my choice. My music selection is always playing. I get the best seat in the house. I get to pray and read and get ready in peace.

I’m sure; if the time comes for me to get married I will be ecstatic.
But until then, I am enjoying being #1. Hallelujah.

4 comments:

The Rookie said...

I've had this thought every single time I lay sprawled on my queen size. Giving up such comforts means he's going to have to be well worth it!

Barb said...

I spent 48 years enjoying singledom, and then "POW", the one guy just walks into your life that makes giving all this up SO WORTH IT. And trust me, it is worth is. The last 6 1/2 years have been bliss. I only wish I could have met Dave when I was in my 20 or 30's. But singledom wasn't all that bad....

Lisa said...

Rie, I just have to say that if this is truly how you feel then good for you. To be able to enjoy where you are in the present is such a blessing. To see the bright side of what you have and where you are in life is HUGE. I pray all your dreams come true but what a blessing to be able to be happy where you are and not waste away for the what ifs.
You are gorgeous inside and out and I hope you will always see the bright side of things. love you

Lera said...

This is such an important lesson, noticing the good and being happy with what you have. Yes, family life is wonderful and you will enjoy much about it when your time comes, but single life is wonderful too. I wish I had appreciated aspects of it more when I had the chance. Good for you. Love ya!