Friday, March 5, 2010

Sariah in Wonderland



I love Alice in Wonderland!!

I remember when I was a little girl twirling in front of the tv while the roses sang and the tulips swayed in harmony. I giggled as the Mad Hatter got overly excited about some one's un-birthday. I felt the stress as the white rabbit CONSTANTLY kept pushing Alice through time. I watched in wonder when the Caterpillar blew out puffs of letters. My head bobbled from side to side while the cards waddled and danced while painting the roses red. I was scared for the little oysters that were to become the Walrus' dinner. I stretched my smile as the Cheshire cat teased Alice through the hard times. I wanted to fast forward the stupidity of Tweetle-dee and tweetle-dumb as they made honking noises - Man, I hated those idiots.

Thirteen years later the story picks up in Tim Burton's rendition of Alice in Wonderland. The critics did not seem to like it. I heard how the scenery was too loud and the that actors couldn't keep up. (I snort in the direction of this statement. Nothing out does Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter.)I heard that this movie was an insult to Mr. Lewis Carroll; in the fact that it did not relate to his novels besides the characters. I also heard that the 3D was bad because it didn't invite the audience into the movie. To these educated and honorable movie critics I have one Question. Did you even watch the movie.



It was wonderful. It was a perfect movie that has beautiful scenes, amazing actors, a great screen play, fabulous CGI, and I have to mention the thing that keep my complete interest and stirred loving feelings in me that I have never dreamed I would feel...the clothing. Every piece of fabric was perfect. All of the pearls, scarves, beading, silks, and cords were perfectly placed. Every article of clothing was a perfect example of my dream wardrobe. If I could dress that way, every day and not be thought a lunatic, I would.

Tim Burton is a mastermind.

I'm sure that everyone has been asked the question "If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?", well my answer is simple. It would be Mr. Burton. I'd want him to pick out the entire table scheme, the atmosphere, the music, the food, and even my outfit. I absolutely love him and his amazing talented wife. (I guess she could come for dinner too. :)

Please go and see this movie. It is essential for a creative mind to see.

2 comments:

Lera said...

So I guess you liked it, eh? Haha! Looks like we will definitely be choosing this film for our date next weekend. Thanks!

Lisa said...

Rie, I love you.
We went to see this on Friday for my birthday. We all loved it. So many people say this is not a children show, my kids had no problems with it all. But they have been watching Nightmare before Christmas since birth.
We second your nod to Tim and Nothing Johnny can do is wrong.
Love that man. I want to go spend some time with him and his family on his island. thanks for this post