Saturday, July 19, 2008

'Rieting time' found poem

So my bud Rachel and I have decided to start a writing club. We both used to write all the time through school but after graduation we have fallen out of the habit. I've been writing and dabbing into some novel ideas that I've had over the years, but I have completely lost touch with my poetry side. My talent is not as fluent as it used to be. Every other Tuesday Rachel and I are trying to get together to just take some time to write. She cleverly named it 'Rieting time'. This last Tuesday we got together with our friend Shea and created a found poem. Rachel brought magazines and had us cut out works or pictures of things that described us or that we related to. Here is my poem;


in plain sight

I am clean and chaotic

independently needful

wrinkled yet regal

determinedly nostalgic

I am a girl

skin, is smooth milky white

habits show in my style

I haven't trusted in a while

pending a trustworthy Mr. Right

I am a feminist

cool as a cucumber

smokey eyes sparkle giddy

sweet perfume scents me pretty

my thoughts not left asunder

I am a lady

future, a paved and flowered trail

completely spiritually attached

my life is wisely attacked

sprinkled in feminine details

I am a women

3 comments:

Lera said...

Love it Rie! You are so talented. I need to get back into writing too. I really miss it!

The Rookie said...

Love it! What a fun project...I may steal this for teaching purposes.

Rie Pie said...

heck yes. We got this from 'Writers Inc', it's a found poem. You're supposed to use things like signs and things that you see displayed, but we put a spin on this!!