Monday, August 25, 2008

Memories of strawberries

You should try this on your blog page too. What you do is take a random word and make a list of memories or things that you think of when you hear the word. Today my word choice is strawberries.

Strawberry fields forever. I love the Beatles. In fact my favorite song ever is by this band. And as of lately I've had one of there songs stuck in my head morning, noon and night. I love them. I love the John. I begin my tribute to strawberries to a great song of theirs; Strawberry fields forever, "Always no sometimes think it's me, but you know I know when it's a dream."

Chocolate covered strawberries. I am not a dancer. I am not graceful. I'm a mess. My dance partner for senior ball was even worse. Instead of picking the guy that asked me to go with, who did dance (and wore the same tux as my date lol), I choose my friend. Enough said, we didn't dance. We did however come back to my house with our group of friends and eat tons of chocolate covered strawberries. It might have been a "night of magic and romance" but no. This was my group of friends. And we like to party. We had a food fight instead. PS/ Chocolate covered strawberries stain everything.

Strawberry Shortcake. I was born in 1984. This great year landed me in the coolest TV show world ever. Strawberry Shortcake, Smurfs, Jem, Pee Wee's Play House, Gumbi, Care Bears, and Transformers. These childhood "babysitters" explain a lot about me.

Sexy Strawberries. I am an avid reader. I love books. But I'm very careful about what I read. I am a clean girl. I however didn't know about the overly sexy scene that Sophie Kinswella was going to throw in one of her stories as a curve ball of "hot" that interestingly contained strawberries. (((cyber blush)))

Strawberry Blond. I naturally have blond hair. I dye it darker because I believe that brunettes have more fun. My hair has been a box of crayola crayons. Constantly changing through Jr. High, High School, and then onto Cosmetology College. Many of my teachers in high school made me laugh; On the first day of school, I was the strawberry blond in the back row. If I was called to the office, I was the strawberry blond one. If I was to show a new student around, I was the strawberry blond one in the corner. All of this happened when I had my platinum blond, raven dyed, or purple chunky colored hair.
I don't get it.

Strawberry pop-tarts. I have a major addiction to these Delicious treats. I remember I used to buy many boxes at a time. They were with me through "bear lake cabin" visits, College budgets, and forget to bring lunch to work days. So here is a standing ovation to my sugar-filled-drug-addictive-pockets-of-bliss.

1 comment:

Lera said...

This is such a fun post idea. I will have to do one like this soon. I just have to think of a good topic to start with.