Friday, January 2, 2009

Lights...book....action

This morning I finished a book called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.
I'm just saying that this is one of the best books I've ever read. Before you read all about it and shove it off into the back of your mind, I'm asking you to give this a chance. Please. Please. Please. It was amazing.




Here is a little bit about this book;
It's the future. The area once known as North America is now the country of Panem, divided into 12 districts with the Capitol controlling them all. There used to be 13 districts, but years ago the districts rebelled against the Capitol and they were crushed. District 13 was utterly destroyed and as penance, each of the 12 remaining districts must send two tributes, a boy and a girl between the ages of 12 and 18, to the Hunger Games.

The Hunger Games is a fight to the death, televised for the entire country and put on for the entertainment of the Capitol. There is only one victor and that teen will be rich beyond his or her wildest dreams. Some teens spend their whole lives training in the hopes of being randomly selected as a tribute for the Games. Teens in the poorer districts, with barely enough food to keep them alive, see the Hunger Games as a death sentence.

The book is the story of one of those tributes. I was left haunted and completely obsessed!!

Of course when I read a book I can't help but picture it as a movie. I have a few actors that I thought of while I was reading it. You will have to let me know who you were picturing once you have read it.

My cast list;
Katniss- Emily Browning
Prim- Abigail Breslin
Peeta- Ed Speleers *
Gale- Henry Cavill ***
Thresh- Chris Brown *
Rue- Paige Hurd
Cato- Kellan Lutz *
Clove- Britney Snow
Foxface- Katie Leung
Cinna- Steven Strait *
Effie- Claire Daines
Haymitch- Richard Armitage ***

(*-It's my movie...so I might as well have some major sexy eye candy, right?!)

2 comments:

Lera said...

I only know of one actor on your list. I have noted the book as good, and will read it after the three others you've given me!

Anonymous said...

I will add this to my list of books to read ;)