Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Top 5 favorite foods

I am trying to blog about my random favorite things and I decided that tonight will be about food.
My family loves food, we love to cook it, celebrate with it, and eat it. I love food from all over the world. The only thing that I've found so far that I really dislike are beans. Not veggie beans, not candy beans, but just protein beans. YUCK.
With all of the variety, I am again shocked by my choices. I tend to love the white trash foods. If you can see it for sale under a dollar or being sold at a fair, I'm all over it.

1-Mac and cheese. My sister and past roommates can't understand my addiction to the cheesy creamy carbs, nor how often I made the delicious box of blue.

2-Sushi. I love sushi. I love the taste of the different fish and spices. I love taking people to get sushi for their first time. It's always interesting to see what other people like and dislike. Eel, for instance, is my favorite and I hate ginger.

3-Green salads. I love salads and can't get sick of eating them. I love salads with a ton of different colors and tastes. I love the delicious dressings that can make or break a salad. My favorite salad is the original Ceasar. If you aren't making a Ceasar salad with anchovies and raw eggs, I'm telling you right now, that is not a Ceasar salad.

4-Sandwiches. My Mother would make us tomato sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, and cheese sandwiches. (Yes, a cheese sandwich. And yes, it's made with cheese, bread and mayo.)

5-Curry. I love curry. Red Curry, Green Curry, and Yellow Curry. I love different Curries from around the globe. The spicier the better.

I love food and I hope that one day I will become a better cook so I can share more of the delicious flavors with others. I love going to fun restaurants too, so if you ever need someone to go with you...

5 comments:

Lera said...

Two posts in a row! WOo HOO! Go Rie! Thanks for giving me some good reading material. As you know I love food as well, and don't consider myself to be a picky eater (which honestly sometimes you are, pork, pie, beans, etc.) but I think it's funny that of your top 5, I only like 3/5th of them.

Rie Pie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rie Pie said...

Ok, I'm allergic to pork, so that doesn't really count that I can't eat it.

But yes, pie and many of the pastry family are vile and nasty.

Lisa said...

I LOVE FOOD ALSO. Growing up in the south has really influenced me. My mom loved food and always had a meal for us. Our lives revolve around it. I am always thinking about it. OH, I LIVE to eat, not eat to live. I love eating out as well. LOVE IT all.
I think my top 5 might be
MEXICAN, mostly Tex Mex
Steak
Pizza
Cheeseburger and Fries
everything bad for you.

Barb said...

I actually like all but one of your top foods. You and Dave need to get together and go out for Shushi. He just LOVES it. I think raw fish is only good for fish bait, :). Give us a call sometime and the three of us can go out for dinner. Thanks for sharing your list, I really enjoy reading your blog spots.