Tuesday, June 10, 2008

2 ear infections & Strep throat

I have never had strep throat in my life. I'm what the annoyed and envious call a "carrier monkey". When I went to the doctor's office yesterday, for not being able to breathe rightly through the night, I was unsurprised that the nasty gag you with a Q-tip, Strep test came back negative. My doctor however disagreed with my reaction and advised me that I still might have Strep.

Doc: Well the test came back negative.

Me: So I don't have Strep?

Doc: The test states that you don't, but that doesn't mean that you don't have Strep.

Me: *blink

Doc: If the test comes back positive than you definitely have Strep throat. But if it comes back negative, you could still have it.

Me: *blink, blink

Doc: I'm going to prescribe you something to help you fight this off.

Me: Fight off the Strep?

Doc: Yes, it will help with that too.

Me: *blink, stare at him confused.

Doc: You also have ear infections.

Me: In addition to the Strep?

Doc: Well it might be Strep, but we don't know.

Me: *Blink.

2 comments:

Lera said...

Hope you get better soon! I like the about me blurb... funny!

The Rookie said...

You know that whole thing about how not everybody can graduate at the top of their class? ;)