Wednesday, June 11, 2008

They're going to the meadow!!!!

I was having a bad day at work and I gave my co-worker the I'm going to smash this computer with my face look. She wisely and quickly stood up, holding our favorite book and cooed, "They are going to meadow." Right then, I was aware that those 5 words were making my check bones burn. I was smiling. Big. If you are a Twilight fan, you are probably smiling right now too. If you are not a fan, here is an excerpt of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, chapter 13, Confessions;

He raised his free hand and placed it gently on the side of my neck. I sat very still, the chill of his touch a natural warning- a warning telling me to be terrified. But there was no feeling of fear in me. There were, however, other feelings...
"You see," he said. "Perfectly fine."
My blood was racing, and I wished I could slow it, sensing that this must make everything so much more difficult- the thudding of my pulse in my veins. Surely he could hear it.
"The blush on your cheeks is lovely," he murmured. He gently freed his other hand. My hands feel into my lap. Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands.
"Be very still," he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen.
Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat. I was quite unable to move, even if I'd wanted to. I listed to the sound of his even breathing, watching the sun and the wind play in this bronze hair, more human than any other part of him.
With deliberate slowness, his hands slid down the sides of my neck. I shivered, and I heard him catch his breath. But his hands didn't pause as they softly moved to my shoulders, and then stopped.
His face drifted to the side, his nose skimming across my collarbone. He came to rest with the side of his face pressed tenderly against my chest.
Listening to my heart.


Are you smiling?

3 comments:

The Rookie said...

I HEART Edward. :)

Anonymous said...

Oww, my cheekbones hurt now,
dammit, thank you for reminding me of Spunk Ranson, now I'll be stuck like this><

Unknown said...

Oh how I LOVE the meadow. I don't understand why he can't be real... He can bite me anytime he wants...
and now we're not...