Sunday, June 15, 2008

Memories of Mint

I stole this idea off of another blogger's website. What you do is take a random word and make a list of memories or things that you think of when you hear the word. Today my word choice is Mint.

Mint chocolate chip chocolate ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. Today was our family's celebration of Lera's birthday and Father's day. We had way too many cakes, all to do with a misunderstanding. London brought an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins and made cupcakes to make sure that we had enough cake for all of our guests. Betty, brought Father's Day cupcakes. And I brought a Mint chocolate chip cake from Baskin Robbins, thinking that there wouldn't be enough for everyone. Needless to say we had way too much cake.

Sleepy time herbal tea. This tea was a favorite to my Mother and my sister's. This is the perfect tea to use to relax or just to have a moment. I still crave this tea when I have restless nights or when the rain is pouring out side.

Buttermints. I have been in 3 wedding lines by the time I was 21 years old. Those are just the lines, not actual weddings of close friends or family. Specializing in wedding updo's does not help me in not attending weddings. Buttermints are a disgusting demon that lurk around weddings waiting to spring their ominous plague on the singletons. They are cursed. Once you have had the cheap greasy melting taste of them linger in your mouth in 3 wedding lines you are cursed too.

ABBA mint shampoo. My first roommate went to Cosmetology College with me and we decided we liked hanging out so much, that we would become roomies. Sadly time moves on and life goes on. I've had a few roomies since her but I will always remember her love and support to me over the years. She is a wonderful friend, and when she washes your hair, gives the best scalp massage on the planet.

Andes Mints. These were a popular gift for my Mother growing up. With not having a job and these being .99 cent boxes of bliss these were the perfect presents for Mother's day, birthday's, and Christmas. I remember when I was 12 I walked to our neighborhood Shopko, and bought a Delicious box for myself. I opened it up and found that I won a sweepstakes vacations trip for 4 to the Andes. I read that you had to be 18 or older to redeem the prize. Stupid and juvenile I threw the box in Shopko's outside dumpster on the way home. I told my Mom about what happened and she had me looking in the dumpster during the next hour to no avail of finding my prize. Ever since that day, Andes do not taste as good as they used to...

Cinna-mint toothpaste. I love cinnamon flavored candy. When the geniuses at crest and Aquafresh came out with cinna-mint, orange-mint, and kissme-mint toothpaste, I was beyond joy. They put a beautiful spin on a classic. I thank them at least twice a day for their fresh and clean ideas.

Peppermint ice cream from Leatherbys. This was my Mother's favorite ice cream flavor. She loved dipping this in Leatherbys hot fudge and would ask/tell us to not forget to pick her up a pint whenever we would go out to that restaurant.

Mint chocolate chip ice cream. My favorite character, from the book The Host, Ian O'Shea's favorite snack.

Mint Chapstick. I am a chapstick-aholic. My favorite thing to do with my chapstick, is peel off the label so you have a smooth white tube, stating "I am not an ordinary chapstick, I am Rie's chapstick". I remember sneaking in my Dads coin bowl and digging for the moist and tasty chapstick to apply generously to my perfectly smooth lips. I also remember asking my Mother to look into her brown overly large strapped "Mary Poppin's" purse during sacrament and having her pull out a smaller white with old lady flowers sowing purse. I would listen to the gentle snagging snaps the zipper would make as I would wait for the chapstick to be passed down the row of sisters to get to me.

3 comments:

Lera said...

Fun post! I love the idea. I always think of mom when I think of mint too.

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I hope you don't mind but I'm gonna steal this from your blog^^
How'd you get time is running out on here without any visable widgets?

Rie Pie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.