Monday, December 8, 2008

There's white stuff in the air...

"What is THIS!!"

This is exactly what I screamed (noted a little too loud for a call center) when I looked out of my office windows at break time. There were freaky feathery flurries everywhere. Coating the Parking lot, coating the streets, coating my hope for a nice and dry winter.

My co-worker, Jim Bob, just got back from a much deserved 2 week vacation. He car pooled with his 5 kids, yes 5, and yes carpooled, to California to go to Disneyland and other many "carpooling with 5 kids" adventures. Being the cutest "work Dad" ever, he got me a souvenir from his trip. It was a figurine of my dream man Jack Skelington hanging happily debonair on a key chain.

"What is THIS!!" Jack also says in the movie A Nightmare Before Christmas while he is watching the puffy snow globs fall slowly to the ground. Jack was happy to stumble upon the mystical magical Christmas tree in his woodland grove. He was so happy in fact, that he tried to bring it home with him to his dark, artistic, and awesome homely abode.

Today was a moment I will never forget. A thought hit me; Wait a minute...I don't agree with Jack on this...

If it was me stumbling onto the crazy winter weather, I would have creeped and crawled and coward back into my Halloween pumpkin tree hole. I would have hid in my dark tower and rocked the bad images of the perfectly beautiful rain that has now been ruined by a bully named freezing point. I would not have tried to be Santa. (which let's face it...I could pull that off a lot more than Jack ever could.) I would not teach the lurking hump-backed Vampires how to play Christmas music that is on flat musical instruments. I would have just left the snow the heck alone and snuggled with my floating ghost pal Zero. (Or in my case floating Stanley. RIP)


Today is the day that I realized that no man is perfect, including Jack. Tim Burton can always bring a smile to my face. JimBob is not just an awesome name, but an awesome person. That I kind of want a black tower now. Oh, and also today is just another day that I hate snow.

1 comment:

Lera said...

Very well written little sis. I have to disagree though and say I love the snow... it's about time. Although I did not love toting Palmer around in it yesterday as I took him and myself to two different doctors to get shots. Ugh. But I love it from the indoors, as I gaze out the window by a warm fire, sipping hot chocolate (that wasn't romanticized a bit, was it?).