Saturday, December 6, 2008

'Rieting time' shoes

I haven't been in the posting mood lately. But I decided that I really needed to start being more consistent in writing. And then, came my problem. What can I write about!? Then I realized I had a few Rieting time poems that I haven't posted. I read through some with grinding teeth and a wrinkled nose. They're awful. I think the only way for me to get better is to practice and get some positive criticism. So without further ado, here is not a good peom. ha.


Our project on this writing class was to write about a pair of shoes. To make them have personality. To describe them physically, how or where they have traveled, their first adventure, how they were used, and/or what they have endured.

born to run

clap.

brand new, never used
tight laces undone

Retied tighter!

generous bow on top
hiding knotted chaos underneath

You are strong.

clap clap clap

striking movements
cheering for us
supporting our weight

warmed souls
stuck out tongues

tasting the air.
tasting victory!

clap clap clap

1 comment:

Lera said...

Great job Rie! Don't put yourself down; you are a great writer. This acually reminds me a bit of a poem I wrote in high school about running. I used the same theme of the shoes hitting the ground to keep a rhythm going throughout it.