Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Up on the times

I am blogging a list of things I keep up on instead of focusing on the things that I procrastinate. (which would be a never ending list because I would never finish it...) I got this one from My sister Lera's page. I'm surprised she had a hard time thinking of 5 things that she was good at doing. I can think of loads she is great at. I on the other hand am having a hard time thinking of mine. I'm thinking that some of the things I'm good at are not really something that should be a priority??! But then again, we are our own worst critic.

1-Eating. I'll start this one off with a funny one. I have never gone hungry.

2-My faith. I might have a hard time getting out of bed for the 1 o' clock PM Sunday block, but I've been pretty good about doing it for the last few years. I'm blessed to come to belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. "I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith." wow. My testimony just turned into a primary song. Interesting.

3-I can never run out of cleaning supplies. I don't know what it is about them, but I can't not buy them.

example; whooo. Wood floor finishing spray... $1.50!! Dibs! I'll get 4. (PS. I don't have any wooden floors or furniture in my house.)

example 2; whooooo! Fabreeze!! 50 for $100!!! I need some in every sent! Mmmm. Maybe I should get another cart?...

example 3; WHOOOOO! Blue and Yellow dyed toilet tank bleach bars!! I wonder if they make Green water if you use them together??

4-Clean painted toes. I love painting my toes. It never feels like a chore to remove the blood red polish to put on a fresh strip of white french tip with some black fish-net detail over top.

5-Having clean sheets. I love clean sheets. Having them tight and smooth is a big deal to me. There is nothing more comfortable than having my 800 Egyptian count sheets recently spread out, having the edges shaped into a triangle, and tucked firmly under the mattress. Looking at them with absolutely no wrinkles, makes me feel sleepy heavenly bliss. Nothing is better!! OK, maybe 1600 count would be better, but lets face it. I live on the west side.

Now that you have seen me list 5 things that I keep up on, which lets face it is a feat in itself, you are now tagged to do this on your blog. Let me know when you finish so I can read yours!!

2 comments:

Lera said...

Good job Rie! You have quite a few things on your list that I fall behind on. I'm there with the eating on though. hehe. Funny!

The Rookie said...

I feel like I'm always out of some cleaning supply or another. And I'm embarrassed you saw my wrinkled, un-made bed yesterday now. I love a freshly made bed myself, but my reality (that reality being serious sleep deprivation) values the 5-10 minutes of additional sleep over a made bed. It just does.