Monday, July 6, 2009

Where have I been??



I haven't been blogging. The reason why is obvious. I'm tired.

I have been trying unsuccessfully to get out of debt and the thought occurred to me, If I'm not spending less, I've got to make more. Alas, I got a second job.

I'm now working at Kohl's in customer service. It's a really easy fun job. I like the people I work with and I get a sweet discount. (Which I still haven't used yet - and I'm amazed.)

Even though I'm grateful for the second income, the hours are starting to add up. They take a hold of my social life, my sleeping patterns, and worst of all my dinners. Missing out on food is unacceptable.

But doing this I've realized that sleep does come before food and paying off debt does beat a wicked sweet discount on clearance items.

The plus signs of having no life...
I'm down a few pounds, I have one credit card paid off, I have a savings account that is growing weekly, and I've been sleeping instead of watching Bones or Gossip girl until 3 AM.

Last week I worked 73 hours. Same this week. Same next.

I'm happy. I'm tired. I'm blogging.

3 comments:

Sam said...

oh we have missed you! I was wondering where you have been. Yay to paying off credit cards! and yes.. missing out on food is unaceptable. I hope all goes well in the savings and paying off debt. Until then, we will miss you.

Lera said...

I don't know how you are doing it sis, but I'm proud of you!

The Rookie said...

I miss you terribly and am so proud of and inspired by you simultaneously! You go girl! Seriously, work that thang! I'm jealous of paid off credit cards! If you EVER have a spare moment, please, please, please make contact. You are missed!