Sunday, May 31, 2009

Up do mania!!

My Friend Emily got married yesterday, and I couldn't be more happy for her. Emily and her hubby Aaron make one excellent couple. My best wishes go to the newly weds!!

For her wedding gift I gave her the present of doing her bridal updo. She asked me if I would be willing to do her girls hair. (She has three beautiful daughters.) I told her that I would love to help out. I did a practice updo on her youngest daughter to show her an example of barrel curls, which she loved.

Emily wanted a french twist with everything up. She has a above the shoulder A-line cut, but somehow we got it all up. She said that she was very happy with the look but she wanted to see what it would look like all down. We made another updo practice appointment.

Upon arriving Emily said that she wanted to do a half up half down updo. I curled and pined and left the bottom of her hair down. We put in the veil and She knew exactly what she wanted. She wanted it all up, but curly.

Her bridals were the coming Saturday, and luckily everything worked out just fine. She looked just like a princess!!



Later that week I heard that saying that I would do the "girls" hair meant the bridesmaids. All 6.

Ha aha haha hah ah BAH. No.

There was no way for me to do 6 bridesmaid's up dos plus the brides. I know my limits and this was quit beyond mine. Luckily I have a very great friend named Jenn. She had just stopped her Saturday job at a barber shop and offered to do three of the up dos, for only 10 bucks per girl.

(Jenn I freakin' love you and I'm so grateful for your support in everything over the past 7 years!!)

Emily wanted everyone with the same hairstyle and I think me and Jenn worked really well together. She did Emily's girls hair and I did the bride and the Bridesmaids. Even though they all looked beautiful before the up dos, and they all looked just like the princesses that they are after them.



With it being the day after the wedding; all of 470 bobby pins taken out of their hair, 7 pounds of product washed off their curls, the dresses peeled off, and the high heel stilettos wrenched off - I think everyone thought it was a magical day. I'm so glad that everything worked out.





(I'm going to blog about the reception too. London, my oldest sister, was over it and it looked absolutely perfect.)

4 comments:

Sam said...

wow they look great. You and jen did a great job! I cant believe you were to do 6 and the bride. No way I would do it either. Glad you had reinforcements.

The Rookie said...

You freaking rock, my dear girl!

The Rookie said...

And so does Jenn for that matter!

criste said...

you are so talented. everyone's hair looks gorgeous in the pictures! i didn't know you liked to style hair. i'll have to keep that in mind... :)