Wednesday, November 10, 2010

26 on 7-31



I turned 26 on July 31st and I celebrated with my family, my "extended family" the Dunn's, and some of my close friends. (Shannon Newman (and her hubby McWayne), Rachel (and her family RA, Eden, Zion, and Gideon), and Amber Woolsey.)

We all had dinner together and they sang to me while I opened my lovely and thoughtful gifts. I feel very blessed to have such great friends and the world's best sisters.

My sister London made this AMAZING cake. She is so talented with just about anything she tries. Naturally cake decorating is easily part of her many talents. The only thing about this cake that was better than her master decorating skill, was the taste. I have never had such a yummy cake in my whole life. This was such a great gift!!

Luckily this mass of sugar and chocolate was made to feed about 50+ people so I was able to take it home and leave it on my kitchen counter for a few days as my room mates and I flew around this like vultures and ate a piece every breakfast, lunch, and dinner until the only part left was the cardboard.

Turning 26 was weird for me. I'm not feeling old yet like others said I would, but it did bring on a small feeling of disappointment. I want to be a mom, a wife, a writer, more active in the church, and all of the other great miles stones of life and I feel like I'm no where near any of my long-term goals. Luckily for me, I have time on my side to complete my many wants in life.

When I blew out the candle I wished for something I never wished for before. It was simple and something that I wonder if anyone else would have wished for that specific thing. I can't tell you what it is because I want it to come true. I feel like it's starting to... :)

1 comment:

Lera said...

I also wish all these great things for you dear sis! And for your secret wish. Sounds like it was a good one.