Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ode to the sexy voice of John Mayer



In August I was lucky to go to the John Mayer concert with two of my favorite people. (Neal Mortensen and Annie Munk) It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. John Mayer was sultry in the way he wooed the crowd with his velvety soft voice.

Everywhere you looked there were ladies screaming and fanning themselves, men clapping in awe, and homemade signs being waved like surrendering flags to the majesty of what is John Mayer's poetically enchanting lyrics.

If I could die and come back as in inanimate object, I would be the first in line to be John Mayer's guitar. The way he plays that instrument looks almost as though some heartbreaking unrequited love story is being told, as his fingers dance along the strings. The poor guitar has no way express it's wanting to be with John, so she sings out loud wishing he understands her.

This concert was truly magical. I was happy that most of the songs he sang I was able to sing along with and the one's I've never heard before became fast favorites.

My two favorite songs are:

GRAVITY
This is the sexiest song ever written. I cannot even stand how hot the music vs. the lyrics are in this song. The guitar has face melting solos as it's trying to seduce the masculine voice that is weaving in and out of it's delicious cords. *sings* "Ohh-oooo Gravity" Please listen to this song!!

DREAMING WITH A BROKEN HEART
Interestingly enough, this song reminds me of my Mom. I know that the lyrics are supposed to be about a broken up couple, but I can't help but think of the hard times I have had after my mom's passing and The waking up is the hardest part" and all you can do is "You roll outta bed and down on your knees". I heard this song for the first time when I was standing in a Quizno's restaurant and I was bawling. The girl behind the counter looked as though she had no idea what to do, so I left, and I found out the title of the song and made a CD so I could listen to it until it became a part of me.

No comments: