Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Echo Lake


(Logan Smith, me, and Allison Wood)

I want to live by Echo Lake, case closed.

When I was younger I used to dream about living in Garden City, but I think that is because I've never been to this amazing vacation spot. After boating here, my heart will never turn back.

My singles ward had a service challenge where everyone in the ward would donate service hours. After we all collected enough we turned them into the bishop and as a reward he took us up to Echo Lake and drove us around on his boat. One of my most favorite things in life is to go boating. I love all that it has to offer. The wind in my hair, the beautiful water below, and the sky above you and all you see is horizon. It's you and the beautiful earth showing you how surrounded you are by it's goodness.

On the boat we all danced and sang to R&B music and we laughed as our church friends tried to do tricks on the water skis. There were a few that were trying extreme-sport-style tricks on the water tube, most were unsuccessful.

We ate lunch under the shady trees. We took turns on the boat and turns under the sun on the docks with the water slapping up on our legs. We all got to know each other better as a ward family.

Yep, the rewards of service can be pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Athena said...

IT WAS SO MUCH FUN UP THERE! yeahhhhh. Love you