Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bear Lake


(This is a photo to show the vast difference between my summer skin and Annie’s. Yikes!!)

Oh how I love Bear Lake. Some of my favorite childhood memories were spent next to this insanely blue body of water.

One of my childhood best friends owned a cabin in Garden City, and still to this day even though I haven’t seen him almost a decade, his cabin is one of my favorite places on the earth. I also went to Bear Lake for Shannon’s family reunion every year. Her family became a part of my family and I feel in love with all of them and our temporary home by the lake.

This August my friend Mike invited me up to camp on his property. My room mate Annie and him are really good friends, and I’m grateful that they are because I would have never met such an amazing guy as Mike, with out her. The were four of us ladies that shared the camper while the guys slept outside in tents.

The waves on the lake were super choppy because the weather was almost bad, partly cloudy. (Which is what I call Annie-Rie weather because she loves the sun and I love the shade) Riding the ski-do was scary because we would bounce a few feet in the air with every bad wave and there were a few times that my body completely left the ski-do as well as Annie. When we were done with our terrifying yet elating ride we were slowly pulling our ski-do in past the first set of boonies and we cut the engine. Our ski-do started to tip and I leap-frog jumped off of it thinking that would save Annie from falling in. Wrong! My legs sent the already diagonal Ski-do flying to the side and both of us were catapulted into the freezing lake. It was a sight to see.

We read books on the seashell covered beach and took a ton of pictures of our friends and some un-expecting hotties next to us that were playing football. We ate raspberry ice cream shakes and laughed about the previous late night secret swimming adventures.


(Becky Foster, me, and Annie Munk)

1 comment:

Lera said...

Holy blog posts Batman! Seriously, I don't think your blogs ever seen this much action. I like it. Also makes be yearn for the fun spontanious life of a single girl. Family life is great, but you should definitely soak up all this singlehood joy while you can. Love you and your pasty skin!