Thursday, May 7, 2009

Grateful for employment!!

Today I got called into my bosses office - which let's face it, that is a daily occurrence. I sat down across from him and he said "I have some news to tell you. You might think it's good or bad depending on how you feel about it."

My first thought was that I might get laid off, like so many people in the world now, but that there was going to be a severance pay. This would be bad news.

My second thought would be that we wouldn't have to cut our work day by forty five minutes any more. Which would be great news.

"OK" I said.

"We are wanting everyone to work their full forty hour work week again."



I was so happy!! Bigger paychecks, I was keeping my job, and business is picking up once more. And lets be honest, a thirty six hour work week feels as long as a forty hour work week, but you get less money.

I held my fist toward my boss and waited for him to plant a rock. Which took him a little bit to long to realize what I was doing, making my action seem quite awkward, but I don't care!!

I'm working my normal shift and business is picking up for now.

Today I am beyond grateful for my job. I'm grateful for the home I have to live in. I'm grateful for the blessings of tithing.

2 comments:

The Rookie said...

WAHOOEY! That is awesome, Rie. And that picture is adorable.

Lera said...

That is great news! I'm glad you don't have to be out there searching for a job like everyone else. It is surely a scary time for that.