Monday, May 11, 2009

Naughties, Disneyland, and Mr. Spock

What do these three things have in common you ask? Well, the answer is my weekend.

On Friday I went shopping for wedding dresses with my great friend Jenn. She has the wedding day set and the location, but is still missing some very important wedding items. The dress and the ring being the top two. So we decided go shopping!

Did you know that most bridle stores close at 6 and that you need to set up an appointment to try on dresses at almost every store? Nope? Me neither.
So we set up appointments and went off in search for something almost as important as the dress for the wedding day, the honeymoon night "outfit". Out of the hours spent in search of some nice looking naughties, I was the only one to buy something. (A gift for another friend's bachelorette party.)

Saturday Jenn was going to go to Disneyland with her fiance for her birthday, he got sick and there was a non-refundable hotel room and a buddy-pass plane ticket up for grabs. What was a maid of Honor to do for her beloved friend in need?

I stole his place and made the sacrifice of a Disneyland trip.

It might not have been the romantic and magical Disneyland trip that was planned for Jenn and her sweet Billy, but it was definitely a day of wicked fun times, rides, and shopping.

We were allowed to be treated like the princesses we are...


Getting back from Disneyland left me extremely happy and very sleepy. I woke up very late today to a phone call from my Dad. He wanted to take me out to Dinner and a movie. It's been a long time since I've hung out with my Dad alone and it was a really good experience. We decided to go and see star Trek.

There never was a day in my life that I would have watched Star Trek willingly. Shocker I know, because I'm such a geek, but I am completely a Star Wars geek and I didn't want to be traitor to George Lucas.

But then I heard that this movie was the start of the old series, so I wouldn't miss out on the plot and that it was being directed by JJ Abrams, who I LOVE!! Those two points still didn't get me to the theater, then I heard that the movie also had Zachary Quinto (Mmmm), I was sold.

We went and saw the new Star Trek movie and I really loved it. I didn't understand half of the jokes that were made but the plot was good, the nerds in the theater were funny, and Mr. Spock was Sci-Fi deliciously hot. (I know that Spock isn't supposed to be "hot" but trust me you'll just have to see for yourself.)



Live long and prosper Mr. hot Spock.

5 comments:

The Rookie said...

I am surprised that your uber-geekiness has not previously lended itself to becoming a Trekki (or however you spell it).

I'm glad you had fun in Disneyland with Miss Jenn! And that your dad stepped it up a pinch!

Sam said...

sounds like you had a fun filled weekend! I am jealous, I want to go to disneyland! oh and I heard that trekkie movie was great, I have yet to see one and I dont think I will see one anytime soon, but I am sure it is great!

Lera said...

So glad you had a good time! You deserve it! I did miss you though.

Alice said...

Sounds like an eventful weekend. Glad you had a good time. I laughed at the princess picture. I haven't seen it before :)

Lisa said...

Good for you my friend. I also love that you are a STAR WARS Fan, I love the loyalty. Mitch also saw Star Trek so do not feel bad. We just hate it when people get it wrong. Hey, you need to see 17 again, totally geek stuff going on there.