Saturday, November 3, 2012

Dear Netflix, if loving you is wrong I don’t want to be right.


Hello, my name is Sariah Nichols and I’m a Netflixaholic. Recovering from back surgery with a very tight budget I find myself experiencing the symptoms of Netflix addiction by neglecting other activities, impaired control of time spent on Netflix, continual use of Netflix, large amounts of time spent in Netflix related activities, withdrawal…

Seriously, I need help.  I used to joke that books have been my longest relationship, then it was facebook, then pinterest, and now Netflix and I have kind of promised each other we would love one another, for better or for worse, until death do us part.  Being on a budget, and on bed rest for a few months, Netflix has been a huge comfort to me.  It helped me get through physical therapy.  It helped my pass time when friends and family had their own lives and jobs to attend to (or if they went someplace that required walking...sitting...standing, all things I couldn't do).  Netflix shows helped me laugh and not focus on temporary pain or trails.  I was entertained in the most boring and broke of times.  And all of these were done in a way that I could pay off some bills and help my back heal.  I am so grateful for electronics and the ease we have with good, cheap entertainment.
During the last 6 months I have watched good, bad and ugly (embarrassing) things on Netflix.  I will break down some of the things I watched and hopefully I’m not alone in the boat with how much time I have spent with this website.
The Good, Bad and Ugly:
24
Biggest Loser
Lost
Parks and Recreation
White Collar
Supernatural
The Walking Dead
Prison Break
Mad Men
Gossip Girl
Bones
Malcolm in the Middle
Grey’s Anatomy
Firefly
My So Called Life
The Breakout Kings
Heroes
Warehouse 13
Vampire Diaries
Ally Mcbeal
Nip/tuck
Desperate Housewives

… and many, many more

I moved from TV to movies to documentaries, even the "just for kids" section have been watched while I’m with my nephews.  Nothing is safe.
Any suggestions on what to watch? ;)

PS.  I’m not lying when I say that I have Netflix playing as I type this. 

1 comment:

The Rookie said...

Happy. It was a good little documentary. Doc Martin--totally British and quirky. Hrmmm...I'll think of more.