Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Recipe-Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

I made these cupcakes for a Young Women's activity.  This is the first time that I made homemade icing...and it was delicious!  I found out the hard way that icing is never an exact science.  The exact measuring of the powdered sugar will always change.  The first time I made this I only needed half a bag.  The second time, I needed a bag and a half.  When you make this recipe try to have some extra powdered sugar just in case it doesn't turn out thick enough. 

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

1 cup butter, softened
1 (32 oz.) package powdered sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add powdered sugar alternately with milk, beating at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.

No comments: