Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy month fellow bloggers!!

November holds many things that are dear to me; Thanksgiving, Black Friday, My Mom’s birthday, and many little treasures that this month celebrates. I would like to take note of NaBloPoMo and NaNoWriMo, which sneak up on me every year, even though I know its November when they arrive.


NaBloPoMo, or National Blog Posting Month, is a month long writing exercise intended to occur annually in November. The challenge is to publish one post on one's blog every day. There is no length requirement, thank goodness, but I hope quality will be a large part of my posts this month. I may blog more than one post on one day, and none on the next. Sometimes life is too busy to sit down every day to post. 

NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, was started by a group of authors who wanted to motivate themselves into creating more work. The challenge is to produce a 50,000 word novel within one month. Who has time for this when they work full time!? Sheesh!  Right now my novel The SPINDLE is at 37,780 words. My personal NaNoWriMo goal 12,220 words to hit 50,000 words by March. I think my goal is obtainable, but I really want to focus on quality over quantity. Here’s hoping for both.

Cheers to all novelists shooting for their goals this month.

Love goes to the journalists that are too busy to write every day, but still try between naptimes, work expectations, social events, family schedules, and church callings.

Thanks to the poets that write on stained Betos napkins because their muse found them at 3 o’clock in the morning on a Saturday night.

To all of the grammar Nazis out there – we, being the others, know our flaws. Help the less gifted learn, but please be kind and see that talent can reside in those that still rely on spellcheck. Give us a break. Give us a lift.

I’m looking forward to write more this month. I want to be a published writer one day. This is a nice month to get my hands dirty and kick writer’s block in the pants. Good luck to all the writers everywhere. May your pens, pencils, markers, typewriters, keyboards, and touchscreens be open to the talent that’s uniquely yours. OPA!





No comments: