Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Memories of Star

You should try this on your blog page too. What you do is take a random word and make a list of memories or things that you think of when you hear the word. Today my word choice is 'star'.


My previous Bishop, Drew Menlove, ever the wise and good man that he is told me about the North Star. He said that the North Star is so bright because it is really two individual stars. There is a star that is placed almost directly beside it and together they shine extra bright, giving direction to all that seek it. He told me that is how a marriage is, beautiful, brighter by being together and dependable when looking for direction.

Bright Star, a nickname I received from an old friend who said that I reminded him of the poem by John Keats. He said that my loyalty and love were as constant as a star. Star is one of my favorite nick names and I will always treasure that conversation, and that person’s kind words.

Rock Star Recovery – the best energy drink on the face of the earth. It has gotten me through many parties, road trips, airport lines, writing episodes, all-nighters, and many 40 hour work weeks that just needed a helping hand. It’s a lemonade flavored savior.

Stargirl, a novel written by Jerry Spinelli, is a book I was given on my 17th birthday. The book is about a compassionate home schooled girl that is sent to public school for 10th grade. She keeps her strength and individuality in school, in a relationship, and during trials. This was given to me by my childhood friend Levi with a note saying that I reminded him of stargirl. (Later I found out that he didn’t read it until after he gave it to me. lol)

A new star shining down it’s celestial glow on the celestial King, leading 3 wise men that look up in faith, and marking the night where the souls of the world felt their worth. Oh Holy night, my favorite Christmas song tell us that ‘Led by the light of faith serenely beaming, with glowing hearts by His cradle we stand. So led by light of a star sweetly gleaming…”

My favorite movie stars: Ewan Mcgregor, Kate Winslet, Johnny Depp, Kevin Spacey, Helena Bonham Carter, Drew Barrymore, Ginnifer Goodwin, Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson, Will Ferrell, and Anna Farris.

Coldplay’s beautiful song Yellow, “Look at the stars, look how they shine for you…”

The Stansbury Park Observatory is one of my favorite places for a low budget and beautiful night. It consists of the Harmon’s Observatory and the Donna Pease Wiggins Refractor House. The two large telescopes are the Grim Telescope and the Bogden Telescope, depending on the time of year you can look into the celestial glories of space and see the moon, a small moon crossing Jupiter, the rise of Saturn, Venus’ bright orb, and many other breathtaking sights. My favorite constellation is the owl cluster, go figure, and I will never forget those shining watchful stars that are so perfectly placed to make the outline.

Your Falling Star, the first love song that I wrote, I still think it’s pretty adorable.

1 comment:

Lera said...

I always think of you when I see stars. :) And BTW - these are my favorite of your posts, when you take one word and just go with it. They are so fun to read.