Saturday, November 10, 2012

Recipe -Spicy Honey Chicken

I'm not a great cook.  I tend to ruin meals, treats and pans when I attempt to refine my "talent" in the kitchen.  However, earlier this year Lera made Spicy Honey Chicken for a family gathering.  It is the best chicken I've ever had in my life.  Obviously I craved it and I wanted to try to cook it.  At the time I was living in an apartment and didn't have access to a grill. (I'm sure the fire department is grateful for that...)  So, I tried combining the below in a baking pan and used the oven.  It came out wonderful!  This recipe is cannot fail.  Whether you are a great cook, like my sister, or a not so great cook, like me, this recipe works!  Everything about it is delicious.  Enjoy. :)

Spicy Honey Chicken8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 t vegetable oil

Rub:
2 teaspoon granulated garlic
2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder

Glaze:
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon cider vinegar

Combine all spices together in small bowl and mix well. Trim off any excess fat from chicken pieces. Pat dry. Drizzle oil over chicken and rub in with your hands to lightly coat all the pieces. Then toss chicken with the spice rub to coat all sides well. Use your hands and get in there! Grill chicken for 3-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through. While chicken is cooking, warm honey in the microwave so it’s not so thick. Add the vinegar and combine well. Reserve 2 tablespoons honey glaze for later. Take the rest and brush on chicken (both sides) in the final moments of grilling. After letting the meat sit for a few minutes, drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons of glaze over thighs.

No comments: