Thursday, November 5, 2009

Christmas lights

Christmas lights are starting to be hung!! Which is a smart thing to do now while the weather is still good. I love Christmas lights. I really enjoy going down the Christmas story drive and taking a quick ride down the narrow lane of Winder street. The lights are beautiful.

There are some that are embarrassing. Some that are too much. There is a house in my old neighborhood that has what I call "Lego Lights". Nothing is measured. The colors of the lights are all primary colors and run along the whole roof top. Once one color ends, another is added. It's mismatched and looks as the residents just threw boxes of lights on the top of their home. Giving the complete illusion of a Lego house.

Remember in Christmas Vacation when Clark Griswold fails at lighting up the house with Christmas lights at the "lighting ceremony" in front of the entire family? Well from that moment comes one of the best quotes from the Griswold family-in my opinion.

Frances: Talk about pissing your money away. I hope you kids see what a silly waste of resources this was.

Audrey: He worked really hard, Grandma.

Art: So do washing machines.


There are those that work hard on their Christmas lights and those that just throw anything that flashes on their house. I would like to thank Failblog.org for the following picture to show the difference in those that care and those that don't.



1 comment:

Lera said...

This is absolutely hilarious! I need to check this website out.