Friday, November 6, 2009

My Fanny

Ok, so I'm not really going to blog about my bottom...


My best Friend Shannon received the nick name fanny after buying and wearing a fanny pack to her job for about a year. This might not be so funny to you, but I find it hi-larious. She worked with grade school children and it was convenient for her. But I still made fun of the fanny pack and it soon lead to a nick name Shanny Fanny and then simply to Fanny.

6 is Fanny's favorite number. So today on November 6th and my 6th post I dedicate it to her.


My Dearest Fanny,

There really aren't words to tell you how much I value your friendship. There have been many times that both of us didn't really understand why we were Friends, but so many more that prove why we were.

I'm so grateful for your testimony of the gospel and your complete dedication to try to live every aspect rightly. Your truly are such a strong women and a fierce enemy to the evils of this world. I will never be able to thank you enough for helping me come into the life of the gospel. With out it I would still be lost and still feel so completely directionless. I might have been "a bad example" for you during the school years but it was nice to have some one love me no matter what path I was on. I'm glad that we both were able to figure out who we are and stand up for ourselves in a fallen world.


I'm grateful for your kindness and service. It's embarrassing to have to ask to borrow money to pay for college tuition or to have you carry my laundry because I hurt my back, but you do it. You really are a lady of service. Even your job, taking care of medically challenged people never seems to get you down. You are here to serve and I want you to know that it doesn't go unnoticed.

I'm also very grateful for your cynical humor and slightly crazy humor. I definitely have a negative side and sometimes I joke darkly. You get it, every time. You never judge me for having sad, crazy, or rude times. You just stay and wade it out.

You consistency to always be there is something that I value above all. I really hope that our friendships just gets better and stronger. I love you so much!!

xo-Papaya

2 comments:

Lera said...

I'm glad you and Shea have eachother. Friends surely make the trials in life a bit lighter.

Shan-ann-i-gan said...

Awww thanks Rie!! What I said wasn't true was the part about you being a "bad example" in high school. We both know it was YOU who helped me. I don't know where I'd be without you! I thank Heavenly Father for sending me you. You're the best :)