Thursday, November 5, 2009

Manly Musical Muses

I'm extremely stubborn...I know, that's a shocker. And one thing that I will never budge on is my taste in music. I love great music. There is no lukewarm feelings for music. To me music is either loved or hated. I hate country. I hate pop. I hate bubblegum punk. I hate rap. I love rock. I love alternative. I love jazz. I love the oldies. I love indie.

It's hard for me to have a favorite band when there is such amazing talent, such as The Beatles, Incubus, and Muse.

Today I thought I would talk about my music boyfriends. The men in my lyrical life that I could never live with out. And so for my 5th post in November I shall post a top 5 of my musical men.

1.- John Lennon- The Beatles

He is the most creative lyricist I've ever heard. The rhythm of his music completely moves me. John Lennon is the icon of peace in the music world- which exactly what his songs bring into my life.

2. Matthew Bellamy- MuseThis dude can sing any girl into a trance. His voice jumps around with a piano in perfect control. From his bass devilishness to his sweet and enticing falsetto...I melt. There is no way to just sing along with Muse, you literally have to party with Muse. Please listen to the song Feeling Good...delicious.

3. Brandon Boyd- Incubus MMmmmmm. Is what needs to be said first and foremost. But after the MmmmMMMmm feeling you can hear a gorgeous voice. A strong one that flows with any instrument that Brandon can get his hands on. His voice brings you into a hypnotic dreamworld. Mmmm.

4. Gary Lightbody- Snow Patrol

Not only is Gary an amazing singer, but he is extremely easy to relate to . His vocal talent and lyrics make everyone at ease. I've never been in love, not the forever kind, but when I listen to his songs it's easy to feel as though I am. He has such a soft voice, but strong enough to never lose his ground next to killer guitar solos and heavy drum patterns. I love the Gary!!

.5 Frank Sinatra-

Frank is a mix of jazz and class. His amazing voice is original and can never be replaced. He really opened my eyes to the world of music. His golden vocals are smooth and enchanting. If you could ever imagine yourself in a dream, his music would play in the background. I remember the first time I heard him sing Fly Me to the Moon- it was life changing. "Fill my heart with song, let me sing forever more."

No comments: