Saturday, November 7, 2009

Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies...

Is there a pill that can make me more like a girl? Because seriously I am not a normal girl when it comes to media, I love movies that get brutal. I love violence!! I love gore!! I love watching shoot ‘em up movies with no plot!!

But there is only one television show that makes all the others look like little pansy sitcoms.
24!!

Oh, Jack Bauer, I love you.

Thank you for bringing back the crazy, over imaginative ways to take down a bad guy.

“You probably don’t think I could force this towel down your throat, but trust me I can. All the way. Except that I’d hold onto this little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest the towel, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. Most people probably take about a week to die. It’s very painful.” – Jack Bauer

Thank you for bringing some awesome conversations to my families’ dinner table. Even during other movies my family and I state, and I quote, "Where is Jack Bauer...?" Because we know that you can take care of business.


“Officer, this guy is not waiting around for me… so you better shoot me or help me but decide now!” -JB

Thank you for bringing blood and guts to the small screen.


“Say it again! Or I’ll break your other wrist!” –JB


Thank you for showing everyone what we need in our country.


“David Palmer was a great man and a great president.”


Ok, that one was cheesy, but I love David Palmer and he need to be mentioned.


Jack, last but not least, thank you for wearing the super tight shirts and pants that show off your action hero body!! Ok, so maybe I still am a girl…

3 comments:

Barb said...

You and your mom both like those kind of movies - that where you get if from...

Lera said...

When Jack Bauer plays Deal or No Deal, the banker ALWAYS offers him a million dollars.

Jack Bauer does not sleep. The only rest he needs is what he gets when he's knocked out or temporarily killed.

When Google can't find something, it asks Jack Bauer for help.

On Jack Bauer's Tax Returns, he has to claim the entire world as his dependents.

Some people see the glass as half full. Others see it as half empty. Jack Bauer see the glass as a deadly weapon.

Jack Bauer sleeps with a pillow under his gun.

If everyone at CTU listened to and did everything Jack Bauer said, the show would be called 12.

Yeah, he's cool.

Nice homage to David Palmer too. I wish he would come back from the dead as Jack (twice) and Tony have.

The Rookie said...

I have never seen it and have never seen much in Mr. Sutherland.

Still be my friend?

By the way, your word verification on my blog was too apropos!