Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Post #100 - Write on!!


I can't believe it took me this long to get to post 100 on my blog, however, at the same time I am impressed that I actually stuck to it. I'm so grateful for the amazing things that this blog has helped me appreciate in my life.

I can find things to blog about that I wouldn't be able to write any where else, even though I have the selection...

Journal entries were never my thing. I have about 20 journals- all with about 30 pages in each one are written on and the rest are left blank and unused. I am the "jot the thought and leave" type of girl.

I also have a dream diary next to my bed. During the restless or creative dreams in the night I am grateful for my pillow book friend. Then the morning comes and excitement warms my face with a big smile even before I open my eyes - I reach for the diary to see what amazing ideas I had the night before. The book cracks open and I flip through the pages to find the newest additions. My smile usually explodes into laughter as I read things like "The kitty litter gloves" or "Taco seasoning in the rain" or "myst-tear-rios door in the forest by the Red path"

My lap top is becoming the safe for my novel in progress. I love my novel and the characters in it. Even if it never gets published or finished, it's mine and it’s supporting the author in me - showing me that I might make it. I see the pages move and grow as they take shape. Just like watching clouds drift in the sky. “Look what you can do” the screen says to me, patting me on the back.

I am a list maker. I write down the things I need to do or the things I have or stuff I need to look for. I have lists of things to clean, which hasn't been updated in weeks. I have lists in my purse for the grocery store. I have lists of the movies I own. I email spreadsheets of lists at work. A list of the things I want to do before I die sits in my desk collecting dust. A entire folder of lists of things I would like for the wedding I might never get to celebrate. I have lists of bills to pay and lists of money I don't have. I have a list of Harry Potter projects to unload from our party. I even watch a constantly growing want list on EBay.

My poems are a collection of my feelings, rants, and musings of random thoughts. I collect them all. I write in all types of ways to keep my creative writing in a smooth flow. I keep them in binders and drawers and closet corners.

I have a box of letters that I love to read and ones that I've written and never sent. It's a box of words. Oh how I love a hand written letter!! I love how different every one's vocabulary and penmanship is.

I maintain this blog. I don’t have many readers, but I’m here. At 100 posts I continue to get stronger as a writer. Every time it’s gets read or commented on, my blog shoves me to keep going.

2 comments:

Barb said...

HAPPY 100th, keep going. I LOVE reading your work. You are a GREAT writer and you inspire me.

Lera said...

Write on is right! So glad you and I share this passion. And you can always count on me to be a reader and fan of your very creative blog.

Oh and by the way the word verification is "writter"!